Friday, January 4, 2013

Featured Author......Rhonda Plumhoff Day 5

About Rhonda:


Rhonda Plumhoff a native Californian is married and a mother of 4. Rhonda worked as a full time trained Optician for many years, but knew in her heart something was missing. Reading romance novels and creating new recipes were her passions in life, and the one thing that made her soul come to life. One day she realized book characters spoke to her through food and related everything she read as a potential new recipe. Erotic stories were missing one key element, foodand not just food, but sexy food that would set the mood for those special moments. After meeting a few authors and discussing her ideas, she asked if she could create recipes for their characters. The response from the writing community was overwhelming.  What was once a dream has now become a reality and a full time job. Every story and every literary character live through Rhonda as food.

Interview:


1.       Where do you get your writing inspiration from?
Everywhere.  A lot of recipes hit me when I’m not thinking about them. When I’m reading character inspire recipes and aren’t happy until their on paper. I dream in food and get up a lot to write them down. Food is my creative outlet in life and I love it.
2.       Did you have to do any research for your books? If so what?
When a new recipe hits me I’ll work on creating it until I get the prefect ingredient combo’s.  Some recipes come easier than others.  Sometimes I’ll research really old recipes and find ways to modernize them. I like to work with unusual combinations, so I make a recipe several different ways before it’s finished.  But sometimes when it contains alcohol that gets a little rough.
3.       What are you working on now?
I’m just about finished with Literary Chocolate, A second helping. Putting on the finishing touches now. I’m not sure where my brain will take me next. Something not chocolate hopefully.
4.       What is the hardest part of writing for you?
Trying to find something new that hasn’t been down over and over again.
5.       What can readers expect next?
I’m hoping to have a book 3 in the pumpkin series out this year and I’ve been working on a girl’s night out book. Erotic Treats is screaming for a second book, so you never know.
6.       What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer that question?
That’s funny, someone asked me this the other day. I think it would be if I could create recipes for one book series what would it be. The answer would be easy, The Black Dagger Brotherhood. The books always get my creative juices flowing and the thought of turning the Brothers into food is very exciting to me.
7.       If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
Boring!!! I’m actually a very shy and quiet person. My friends call me a hermit because I would rather be home than go out.
8.       Who is your favorite author?
That’s an unfair question and I could never answer it. The list would be endless, it would be easier to ask me whom my favorite author is by Genre’. I love everything and anything romance so I love all romance authors.
9.       What is your guilty pleasure?
Books, chocolate and coffee, and in that order.
10.   Highest point of your writing career?
When I no longer had to ask authors if I could write recipes for their characters, they started asking me. It was like a dream come true.
11.   Advice for aspiring authors?
The same thing one told me. Never say I can’t, because you won’t know unless you try.

12.   Last song that was stuck in your head?
Jesse’s Girl, for days I was singing that song. I drove everyone nuts.



 Literary Chocolate: A Second Helping...............Coming Soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment