Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dead Night: Potters Secret (Kiera Hudson Series Two Book 1.5) by Tim O’Rourke




I am a Nook owner which is great except when books are released on Amazon way before Barnes & Noble.  This is one of those times when my patients wore out and I just have to down load the Amazon version and read it on Kindle for the PC.  Funny how every other time this has happened has also been a Tim O’Rourke book.  First things first, the cover!  Carles Barrios has does it again!  I am pretty sure other Kiera fans thought the same thing when the cover was revealed. That blonde is NOT Kiera and why are her hands all over POTTER?  There is excitement for a new book but then a hint of dread of the unknown with a cover like that.  For the book of course a huge THANK YOU to Tim O’Rourke for such a wonderful series and amazing characters, but also a big THANK YOU to Lynda O’Rourke (for saving Potter).   I completely loved being listed as a Potter fan and as always honored to be listed in the “Thanks to:” section.  Now to the book; there really isn’t much I can that will not spoil it.  I can certainly say that I was not disappointed and love the twists and turns in this book.  We learned from Dead Flesh (Kiera Hudson Series Two Book 1) that the world they have returned to has been “pushed” and isn’t what they once knew.  In this book we learn that the world is even more “pushed” than we thought.  There are shocking returns of characters and when one character first appears, I knew who it was!!  Tim even gives a HUGE hint that there still maybe more characters to return.  The Potter we all know and love is definitely the guy we thought him to be.  He talks about his true feelings for Kiera and it is so heart-warming.  I couldn’t help but be mad at parts, laugh at others, and even tear up at a few.  The ending will keep your gears turning wondering what will happen next even for Sophie and hoping to read more about a character you wanted so much not to like.  Again, I can’t wait for the next book.  I highly recommend this book and it most certainly gets 5 out of 5!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment