Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Darker Side: Short Stories by L.D. Hutchinson {Read May 2012}


This is the second book by L.D. Hutchinson that I’ve read.  This book is a composition of dark and creepy stories.  I certainly love the way L.D. Hutchinson writes, however I was expecting more.  The stories were very good and definitely kept you wanting more.  The problem I had with the book is a majority of the stories just stopped. I would turn the page and see the start of a whole new story.  It was a little shocking and confusing.  There wasn’t a real conclusion to them just a stop so really hoping they are concluded in other books or become books themselves.  I know the beginning of “Shadows in the Dark” was the last story.  L.D. Hutchinson has a great way of writing where the reader feels in the middle of the story.  I would definitely recommend the book after advising readers that the stories are not all concluded.  This was a big teaser and left me wanting more, more, more.  I give it 4.5 out of 5.

P.S. I reached out to L.D. Hutchinson and found out that characters will come up in other stories.  So keep a look out for more from this great author.  Check out her website for upcoming dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment