Monday, November 19, 2012

Featured Author...... Jenna Kay Day 1



Jenna Kay Bio
Jenna Kay has always had a vivid imagination.  At the age of thirty she decided it was time to put her imagination to work.
Growing up with three older brothers made her strong and one tough cookie.  She was blessed with two loving parents, both that encouraged her to follow her dreams and always made sure that she was in Church.  Her mama is her biggest fan.  She graduated from high school in Georgia, where she played varsity basketball. Later, she obtained a cosmetology license from the State of Georgia and practiced cosmetology for 8 years before becoming a full time mother and author.  Her works include Mark of the Seer, Broken (The Seer Society Series), Silver Mortal (The Gracen Chronicles), and Beyond the Never Anthology.
Jenna currently resides in North Georgia where, when not writing, she spends  time with her three young children and her loving husband. 
 

Pages to stalk me!!

Facebook

Goodreads

Twitter

Website/Blog




 Interview:
 

1.        Where do you get your writing inspiration from?
                Music plays a big part in my inspiration.  I have to have music playing to write, and a mixture   of tunes, including rock, pop, Christian Metal...whatever I feel like listening to.
2.       Did you have to do any research for your books? If so what?
Oh yes, definitely!  With the Seer Society Series I had to study up on spiritual warfare, and with The Gracen Chronicles I studied up on mythical creatures and slayers.  In both series I put my own twists on the way the human world saw monsters (vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc.).  And of course I had to read lots and lot of Young Adult novels.
3.       What are you working on now?
I'm about to publish a prequel to Silver Mortal called Silver Identity.  It's a short story about a thirteen year old Gracen Potts and the day she received her Silver Mortal powers.  It comes out 11/16/12.  Also Broken, book two in the Seer Society Series, is coming out 11/23/12 through Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing.  Starting December I'm going to be digging in to Night Viper, book two in The Gracen Chronicles.  I also have another series I want to start, I just can't find the time!
4.       What is the hardest part of writing for you?
With a husband and three kids the hardest part is finding the time!  Especially this time of year with the holidays coming up.
5.       What can readers expect next?
I'll be writing more short stories, but Night Viper will be my next full-length novel.  My goal is to have it published Spring 2013.  After that book three in the Seer Society series will be finished.  The title of it is The Masquerader. 
6.       What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer that question?
Hmm, that's a toughie.  Man, I have no idea.  I'll get back to you on that one. lol
7.       If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
“A Chaotic Simple Life”... At least that's what it would be called today.  Tomorrow it could be called “Why Me?”  or  “We're Out of Coffee...NO!!!!”.  Yeah, haven't really though on that one. :p
8.       Who is your favorite author?
I have a few, but today I'll stick to some of my favorite Indie authors.  Madison Daniel, Jennifer Laurens, Abra Ebner, Pete Turner, Teric Darken, Keary Taylor, Ednah Walters...just to name a few!
9.        What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate Pudding Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  My hubby makes a killer cake!
10.   Highest point of your writing career?
I don't have one highest point, I have many.  It comes from my readers who love my work.  It warms my heart when someone reads my book and then shares the love.  My readers keep me writing, that's for sure!
11.   Advice for aspiring authors?
To follow your heart and sit down and WRITE!  That book will never get done if you don't write.  Also, surround yourself with uplifting and positive people.  Find the people that will encourage and support you no matter what.  And another also, ignore the haters.  They are everywhere!
12.   Last song that was stuck in your head?
Flyleaf's newest song “Fire Fire”.  Love it!


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the spotlight! Us indie authors need all the help we can get for people to hear of our work. I'm very blessed to be here. Love to all! :)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete