Sunday, November 4, 2012

Airicka Pheonix Author bio & Interview

Interview:


1.        Where do you get your writing inspiration from?
Just about everything and anything. My imagination, I like to think, is my greatest weapon, key and source of sanity. It certainly keeps me busy.

2.       Did you have to do any research for your books? If so what?
Yes! I think Touching Eternity was the hardest book I will ever write simply because of the research. I did a lot of delving into asylums and mental disorders and torture and abuse. It was very dark and very heavy.  Just reading a lot of the articles I found were… intense. But I wanted to make Touching Eternity as realistic as possible.

3.       What are you working on now?
I am working on my Hunter Series. It will be released Feb/March 2013. I’m also finishing Touching Fire, Book #2 of the Touch Series.

4.       What is the hardest part of writing for you?
Time. It always comes down to never having enough time. But I try to prioritize and manage my time so that I don’t waste a second if I can help it.

5.       What can readers expect next?
They can expect a lot more danger, action and steamy romance. My Hunter Series is intense, it’s Buffy meets Anita Blake. It’s very intense and fun and fast paced.

6.       What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer that question?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I suppose how I cope after finishing a series. That’s one I’ve never been asked. I think for every author it’s different. Some just finish and jump onto another series. Some mourn. I think I do both. I’ll start on a new book, but I’ll be so depressed for the first week.

7.       If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
Things To Learn From. Lol

8.       Who is your favorite author?
Wow. That always falls under what my favorite book is. I have so many and have been blessed to have them as dear friends that I can never answer that question in fear of hurting anyone. I think the best way to find out is to check out my Goodread or my Facebook page.

9.       What is your guilty pleasure?
Hot chocolate on a rainy night with a blanket and my laptop. It sounds really lame, but I always write best when it’s raining and I’m cozy. Oh, and a quiet house. Lol.

10.   Highest point of your writing career?
Getting the opportunity to publish. That was a huge deal for me. Touching Smoke was my first baby to get thrust into the world and it was traumatic and wonderful and emotional. It was like sending my baby to school for the first time. I wanted to hover and protect it, but it needed to be on its own. Lol.

11.   Advice for aspiring authors?
Giving up on yourself, on your gift, is a mistake you will regret for the rest of your life.

12.   Last song that was stuck in your head?
Hilary Duff – Beat of my Heart. I actually have it blaring right now. Lol.





Author Bio:

Airicka Phoenix is the author of  TOUCHING SMOKE (Touch Book #1), TOUCHING ETERNITY (Touch 1.5), a short story as part of the Whispered Beginnings: A Clever Fiction Anthology and WANTING & INTENTIONS, two stories as part of the Midnight Surrender Anthology. When she's not hammering away at the keyboard, she can be found banishing pirates or crawling through the attic looking for lost treasure with her kids. She loves baking, gardening and reading. She also likes to travel and take pictures of everything she comes across. When asked, Airicka describes herself as a sarcastic basket case that has an unhealthy addiction to chocolate, old movies and really bad jokes. She loves to laugh, make friends and write. If she could have one wish granted, it would be to spend one day as a fly-on-the-wall inside Stephen King's mind. If she could have two wishes granted, she would ask for a castle dedicated entirely to her overwhelming collection of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment