Friday, January 13, 2012

Vampire Shift by Tim O’Rourke {Read Jan. 2012}

Vampire shift is the first book in the Kiera Hudson series by Tim O’Rourke.  
I was pleasantly surprised with the book and cannot wait to start Vampire Wake (#2 in the series).  The book follows Kiera Hudson, a new police graduate, as she starts her first assignment at a post.  She is sent to the secluded town The Ragged Cove.  She accepts the assignment originally because she was drawn by the thrill of real action because of a serial killer that has plagued the area.  She quickly realizes what a dangerous situation she has really put herself into. She is a great detective/constable and really knows her stuff however what she learns as she uses her “gift” and digs deeper changes her life forever.  She doesn’t back down and really holds her own.  
I loved the way it was written; you really get a feel of being in the moment and there with her.  I loved the different twist on vampires; it’s not just the typical blood sucking horror creatures or the romantic mind manipulators.  There were many surprises while reading.  Just when I thought I had followed clues and figured out things there would be a twist that blindsided me.  I am anxious to start the next book and see where things go for Kiera.  I would defiantly recommend the book.  I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment