Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreams both Real and Strange II by K.W. McCabe {Read on Jan. 10, 2012}


The Stories:
The first short story is the continuance of Choices, I really liked how it was continued and thought the twist was great.  I love stories that end well but never end the way you think they are going to.  I also liked the underlying theme, well what I got from it, that just because you made a bad choice does not always mean you’re stuck with that choice.  Also a great twist with selflessness. 
The second short story is Siren.  This one I thought was too short.  I liked the twist with the siren as a male.  I thought the story could have been longer.  I loved the way it was written and the details put into the writing. 
The third short story is Muse.  I thought it was a great glimpse into the mind of a writer.  It shows some of the emotions that are behind the words that are read.
The fourth short story is Mourning.  This story was also in Dreams Both Real and Strange but from the father’s point of view.  After thinking about the point of the father this point of the son’s really makes me sad.  To know that the two should have spoken up and really talked to each other and all the things they missed out on.  This story I think hit home with me more on a personal level.  I enjoyed seeing an addition to the original story.
The fifth short story is Escape.  I thought this short story was a great fantasy/escape reality story.
The sixth short story is the continuance of Wraith.  Of the first book this story was my favorite.  I was excited to get to it.  This was my favorite story in this book as well as the first.  I wanted to keep reading.  I want to know what happens to Anne and Wraith.  I could see this story being a book that I would defiantly read.
A bonus seventh short story is Fairy Foibles.  I thought this was a great twist on a classic and found it hilarious.  It was a good added bonus is a great book of short stories. I could even see more stories with twists on other classics.
I would defiantly recommend this book.  I give the entire book 4 out of 5 stars. 
I will be keeping an eye out for other works from K.W. McCabe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment