Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris {Read Mar. 2011- May 2011}

This review is for the entire series.  I attempted to write for every book and found myself giving too much away.  I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read it yet.  

After reading the My Blood Approves series I decided to go ahead and read the Sookie Stackhouse books.  My best friend told me about the books and that there was a television show based on the books.  I decided to read the books first to catch up.  There are currently 11 books available in the series (as well as some novella) the next book comes out in May 2012.  I was hooked with the first book. I loved the way the books were written.  I fell in love with the characters and was very emotionally invested in the series.  I now am in love with the True Blood Series on HBO.  You first meet Sookie Stackhouse the telepathic, Bill the vampire, Eric the vampire sheriff, Jason Stackhouse, Sam Merlotte and the general Bon Temps crew in Dead Until Dark.  The first book really sets the tone for the series.  It is fast paced and action packed with plenty of twists and turns.  Sookie’s relationships (with her family, friends, and boyfriends) are roller coasters that you can’t help but be sucked into.  I found myself often thinking “No Sookie, you know better.”   I fell in love with each book in the series and the characters (especially Eric Northman).  I have also fallen in love with the television series and now have my sister hooked.  She’s not a reader but I'm working on it.  I would defiantly put this series on your to read list if you haven’t already.  It is not your typical vampire story.  I plan on reading the series again before the next book comes out in May.  I give the series 4.5 out of 5 stars.

The books in the series are: #1 Dead Until Dark, #2 Living Dead in Dallas, #3 Club Dead, #4 Dead to the World, #5 Dead as a Doornail, #6 Definitely Dead, #7 All Together Dead, #8 From Dead to Worse, #9 Dead and Gone, #10 Dead in the family, #11 Dead Reckoning, #12 Deadlocked (May 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment