Monday, January 9, 2012

Dreams Both Real and Strange by K.W. McCabe {Read on Jan. 9, 2012}


This is an anthology of short stories of dark tales, fantasy and horror.

The Stories:

The first short story in is Choices, which I really liked.  I thought it was a great start to a book.  I really wanted more.  I immediately had tons of questions and thoughts about where the story could lead.  Defiantly want to read more. 

The second short story is Rebirthed.  The first time I read it I was actually a little confused, I had to read it again quickly.  I thought it was great.  The author did a wonderful job with encouraging the reader to really feel the emotions of the story.

The third short story is The Lake.  I thought it was a good “scary” story.  I think there is defiantly potential for it to have been a book, with more details.  I enjoyed it. 

The fourth short story is Mourning.  This was a very tough and sorrowful way to think about ones last days or hours.  It’s tough thinking about regrets at the end.  This story can serve as a reminder to everyone that they should cherish what they have and be grateful rather than regretful. 

The fifth short story is Wraith.  This was my favorite out of the book.  I began reading it knowing it was going to be a “to be continued”, but was sucked right in.  I look forward to reading the next book to see what happens with Anne, her mother Lena, and Wraith.

I would defiantly recommend this book.  It has great short stories that give you a range of emotions.  I give the entire book 4 out of 5 stars. 
**I will be reading Dreams Both Real and Strange II next so fingers crossed they are continued there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment