Saturday, October 27, 2012

Feature Author..........Cody Reel

About Cody:
I'm just your typical smart, socially anxious, bipolar 20 year old. I have many passions, the main of which are sports, but I also love to teach math and learn mathematics. I'm a dark fiction writer: that means I include elements of sex, blood, gore and violence. My writing also includes elements of the supernatural, realism, satire and human psychology, including getting inside of the heads of people that commit various crimes, critiques of societies that I observe, how societies define crime, and how they handle crime. Death, destruction, and man's desire for power are some of my various themes.

 Connect with Cody:  Head over to facebook and "like" his author page.  

 Author Interview
 1. Where do you get your writing inspiration? 
  My writing inspiration really comes when I start thinking about a subject and I have a point of view that I want to express about that given subject. Usually it comes when I hear someone talk about a subject or I think of a subject that would be interesting to write about, and then I just start writing.
2.  Did you have to do any research for your books? If so what? I never do any research for my books other than occasionally looking up how to spell a word.
3.  What are you working on now? Right now I'm working on a story called "Money", but most of my time is spent promoting myself.
4. What is the hardest part of writing for you? The hardest part of writing for me is the marketing. I haven't figured out places to market myself, but the actual act of writing is very easy for me.
5.  What can readers expect next? Readers can expect to see a lot of very interesting themes and a lot of crazy endings.
6.  What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer that question? I've never really thought about being asked a question in an interview lol
7.  If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be? I would probably title it something generic, like "Cody Alan Reel's life", unless something really crazy happens to me and I focused more on that aspect of my life
8.  Who is your favorite author? I don't really read a lot, but from what I've read of Stephen King, it's pretty good. I really do enjoy the Harry Potter books, so for now I'll say J.K. Rowling, but that's subject to change, depending on what else I read.
9. What is your guilty pleasure? A guilty pleasure...............................................I guess I would say writing about serial killers. I really enjoy it so much lol
10.  Highest point of your writing career? The highest point of my writing career so far I would say would be finishing my first story. It was 84 pages, which is a lot of writing for me, and I was really proud of that story.
11. Advice for aspiring authors? Advice for aspiring authors.....................................just write whatever you want to. And don't worry about anything else.
12. Last song that was stuck in your head? The last song that was stuck in my head...................................I think it was Sex and Candy by Macy's Playground lol


Blurb:
Daisy-McFairy is a perfect, quaint little town. The epitome of harmony and paradise. But a nearby hospital is looking to change that. A hospital whose workers only know death and destruction. Will the perfect status quo win out because it is in fact perfect? Or will the powerful darkness consume all into oblivion?
 
Get your copy from AMAZON!

-----Cody Reel will be featured today to Oct. 31st.  Starting today until the end of the feature ""Dark" is FREE on Amazon so head over and get your copy.  Don't forget to check back tomorrow to learn more about his works.-----



No comments:

Post a Comment